Who am I?
I’m Alex. A former teacher turned content producer, writer and soon to be podcaster.
I’ve been creating content since 2021, but as of 2023 have finally begun to ramp this up and start putting myself out there more.
Quick facts about me
- I got my PGCE in 2014, but my original degree is in Music Composition. I wanted to become a game composer before my family told me I would never make any money from it.
- I spent a total of just under 8 years in primary education, working in schools all across the south-east of England.
- After the spell was broken, I left my final teaching position in January 2022.
- I first started writing articles about stoicism and self help, things I am interested in. But I soon realised that writing about my personal experiences was what I was more passionate about.
- I’m 34 years old. Born too late in the 80s to be considered an 80s kid, while not technically a 90s kid as I was born in 1989. Purgatory.
My journey from teacher to creator
I have always loved making things. From the first Casio keyboard I got when I was 7, with its multi track MIDI recording, I have never felt truly happy unless I create something that the world can enjoy. From words, to music, to a brief stint on Youtube: I've done it all.
As a teacher, I always tried to put a creative spin on lessons, to make them as unique and interesting as possible. But there's only so much you can do with the time and funding you have. I realised that I wasn't creating anymore. I was miserable.
So I left teaching, and here I am! I've made more stuff in the past 6 months than I have done in the past decade. All I had to do was find a career I loved.